Thursday, November 13, 2008

Miss me?

You know what's embarassing? Forgetting your Blogger password. Boy, I thought I had it memorized.

No, seriously, I've lost the desire to maintain this blog even though I know there are a few of you who check in regularly (thank you for your e-mails).

As you can see from the banner, as of today we have been logged in for two years with the CCAA, and they are still nine months of referrals away before they get to ours. We really don't know what we're going to do, we may go special needs or we may stick it out. We'd appreciate your prayers.

Ally is doing fine. She loves kindergarten and pretty much aces every reading test put in front of her. We're very proud of her and we really hope we can get a sister or brother for her some day.

Anyway, I'm on Facebook now, so if you want to keep up with us, just get an account (everyone's doing it!), search for d e f r e s e (without the spaces) and you'll see my smiling face. Send me a friend request and I'll accept it.

I'll leave you with one picture of Ally. She had her class picture taken last month, and we think it turned out pretty well:

If anything changes on the adoption front, I'll be sure to update this blog. Otherwise, I hope to see you on Facebook.

-Ray

9 Comments:

Blogger mandt said...

Good to see you post again. Congrats on making it to the 2 year mark - we are right behind you.

9:23 PM  
Blogger VinVin said...

Dont give up guys, we are deposed almost for 2 years now and Kayla is growing quick..I understand that you are wondering what to do..We are going to be thinking the same thing if they keep making the spread wider. Hang in there, you're more then halfway in..

Best of luck and patience.

Sylvain
Montreal

6:06 PM  
Blogger K said...

Hi, Ray. I'm waiting for my daughter from China, too, but my LID is 4/15/07.

I liked your post about the TV. I hate TV, but like DVDs. I didn't have a TV until the Olypics, then a friend gave me one. I still don't watch the programs, just a DVD when I feel like it. When I visit relatives, they have satelite TV and I hate the commercials, but being able to pick good shows is not. Still not nice enough that I'd have it at home, though.

I have Big Bird In China DVD for my daughter and some Disney ones, that's all.

My agency and some other agencies are reporting a higher number of pregnant moms than adopting families right now, if you are interested in looking at this alternative to China. Apparently, whenever the economy nosedives like this, there is an increase in the number of babies given up for adoption.

1:25 AM  
Blogger Kathy said...

Please consider a child with a minor or correctable condition. Come and see our blog www.jazzyrose.blogspot.com and meet the daughter that we got referred to us just 6 short months from filling out the very 1st adoption paper. She is a gifted child with an extra toe on each foot. Well that was until this past Friday when she had surgery. Just 4 months after coming home with us one surgery and no more Special Needs! Even something as simple as a birth mark on a child's leg or arm can put them in this category. Unfortunately, when people hear Special Needs it scares them off. They have no idea that most of these children have very little wrong with them. Start to finish we were done with the entire process in just one short year, with referral in the first 6 months and Jazmyne Rose-Noel was in our arms!I invite you to come and meet her on our blog
Kathy Rees
www.jazzyrose.blogspot.com

4:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ally is beautiful!

I'm so sorry the wait is so incredibly, ridiculously long.

(Don't feel badly, I forget my own log in information for all sorts of things! It is frustrating!)

10:26 PM  
Blogger Rosie said...

Oh there you are!

7:33 AM  
Anonymous Susan said...

Hi Ray, I just found your (old?) blog, and I see that you directed everyone to find you on Facebook. I don't see you when I search for d e f r e s e" I'd like to ask you something regarding your Red Threads bog, even though I gather you don't keep it up and running anymore.
Please let me know how I can contact you.
- Susan, A fellow parent of a daughter from China!

2:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!

5:56 AM  
Anonymous China Tour said...

Great to see you back. I'm really happy for Ally. I'm really excited about my China Adoption tour next month. I hope I find someone like Ally :)

5:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home