Monday, March 03, 2008

WARNING: This Post Contains Emetological Material; Update: Culprit?

Mark this day: As far as we know, Ally threw up for the first time. Or, as James Lileks so deftly put it in today's Bleat, she had a "barftacular evacuation", thus adding to the ever-growing list of metaphors in the English lexicon for vomiting. Part of the essential knowledge at university is to know them all.

It happened at pre-school, about fifteen minutes before Lauren picked her up. She seemed otherwise all right and gave no indication of illness when she was dropped off. Her teacher changed her shirt (note to self: give her an extra special end-of-year gift) and didn't bother to call Lauren, since she was on her way.

I imagine it must have been pretty unsettling for Ally, poor thing. She's sleeping right now. That's one childhood rite of passage that we hope never comes, but eventually it does.

UPDATE: Apparently, today was Read Across America Day at school, in honor of Dr. Seuss's birthday. For snack, the kids were served green eggs and ham. Don't know if this caused any adverse reaction, but I'm sure she won't be eating them again soon. Not on a plane. Not on a train.

I also found out that some My Little Ponys were among the collateral damage. Ally said her teacher took them to the bathroom to wash them off. Why do I have a feeling they're going to be sent to live on a farm in Connecticut?

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ugh.
I have a vivid recollection of the first time I "barftastically evacuated" my little body in the 2nd grade.

I feel for ya Ally, and I hope you fell better!

4:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where on earth did you find that picture? It's not only perfect for your post, but I imagine duplicating it would keep all manner of trick or treaters from wanting your treats...

3:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for your information. Most of the posts in the blog is really valuable. Regards

4:18 AM  
Blogger yang said...

This is a great post. you got cheap handbags online .I like cheap designer handbags as well give you designer handbags outlet

6:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

this is very informative article. I always search these type article please. we are dealer of health product and sale herbal medicine. i suggest you please visit over online store and share with friends Most effective whitening cream in Pakistan

3:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home