Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Parents Finding Olympics Are Expensive

Cost puts damper on this Olympic event
It seemed like a good idea. Bring your adopted Chinese daughters (and they're almost all daughters) back to Beijing to experience the glories of the 2008 Summer Olympics, connect with the homeland and watch the Middle Kingdom at a key moment in its history.

Then parents started checking the prices, which can run to $15,000 per person or more, including airfare, inflated hotel bills and tickets.

2 Comments:

Blogger Ray said...

Thanks for the article, I missed it when it first came out (and the Times is my local paper).

I found your blog when I was looking for Chinese New Year events in Alabama for my list of events.

Ray
www.childbook.com - Chinese Children Books and more

7:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness!! 15k That's steep.
I think I'll just watch it on TV.
You can come over to our house and watch the Olympics with us.
We'll put up chinese decorations
for you and order
Chinese food.

Our family is going to the USA Gymnastic Olympic trials in Philadelphia in July. Looking forward to feeling the Olympic spirit. $200.00 for the four day ticket in relatively good seats.

Dave R.

5:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home