Monday, July 09, 2007

Prozac Nation

Under the new CCAA rules that went into effect on May 1, antidepressants are among the things you can't be on if you want to adopt from China.

CDC: Antidepressants most prescribed drugs in U.S.
ATLANTA, Georgia (CNN) -- Dr. Ronald Dworkin tells the story of a woman who didn't like the way her husband was handling the family finances. She wanted to start keeping the books herself but didn't want to insult her husband.

The doctor suggested she try an antidepressant to make herself feel better.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jonna said...

My husband and I really want to adopt from China but I just read about their new law regarding antidepressants. I have taken antidepressants for over 10 years for depression that is genetic to my family. Is there any possible way to keep this out of my files? I am very stable and am not medicating "unhappiness."

10:11 AM  
Blogger Ray said...

Jonna,

You should probably talk to a social worker before you start the process. They have all the specifics, but from what I've been reading on some of the other web sites, the CCAA is pretty strict on this issue.

5:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home