Wednesday, November 08, 2006

WCBS's Cindy Hsu's Adoption Story

Family First: Adopting A Child
November is National Adoption Awareness Month.

A great time to get moving, if you've ever thought about adopting a child.

When I say moving, I mean talk to people who have adopted, attend an adoption conference, checkout an adoption agency informational meeting or just research on the Internet.

As I write this article on my Blackberry, I hear my 3-year-old daughter Rosie laughing in the house. It's amazing to me that we became a family a little over two years ago when I adopted her in China. I was 38 years old, single and enjoying a wonderful life, but I knew I wanted to be a mom. While I always thought I'd fall in love, get married and have children, I didn't want to give up raising a child just because Mr. Wonderful was nowhere to be found. I started talking to parents who had adopted and attended meetings of New York Singles Adopting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home