Sunday, November 05, 2006

Adoption Gathering in Florida

Families gather to spotlight Chinese adoptions
No, Elizabeth Anne Grant will tell you, she doesn't look like her fair-haired mom with the curly locks.

The slender 9-year-old girl with the straight black hair and a penchant for American Girl dolls, bicycles and the Beatles was adopted from China's Guangdong province when she was just 9 months old.

She has learned to answer nosy questions with aplomb.

"People always ask me 'That's your mom?' And I'm like 'Yeah,' " she said, smiling at her mother, Lisa Bruttell Grant of Maitland. "And they always ask me why my birth mom didn't want me, but I say 'Maybe she did want me, maybe she just didn't have the money [to take care of a child].' "

Smart kid.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home