Sunday, February 12, 2006

More snow pictures

So I’m here at the casa, hunkered down. It’s not that I can’t get out. The street’s plowed, the driveway is shoveled, the car (a Subaru for crying out loud) is de-snowed. I’m just chillin’. Ally has had her fill of snow fun for today. I swear she’d stay out there until she was frozen solid if she had her way. Here she is making snowballs:


I’m watching the Olympics. Most of it is on tape delay. Naturally, I want the USA to win every event, but I’m somewhat pleased that jerk Bode Miller finished out of the medals. He solidified his jerk status with his comments about “skiing drunk” and accusing Lance Armstrong of juicing. Ski sober, Bode. Don’t accuse your athletic betters of doping. I’m also a big Michelle Kwan fan and I’m sorry to see her have to drop out. A lot of folks on Long Island were angry that she petitioned to get on the team ahead of Emily Hughes. Hey, Emily wasn’t guaranteed anything by finishing third at the U.S. Championships. Only the winner (Sasha Cohen) was assured of a spot. And besides, Kwan was bumped in ’94 when Nancy Kerrigan was whacked in the knee by Tonya Harding’s goons. You have to go with the more experienced skater. It would have been nice, though, to give Emily a little more notice. Now she’s snowbound on Long Island and who knows when she’ll make it to Turin.

So far we have three medals. Two of them are in half pipe snowboarding, a sport I’m convinced was added to give potheads slackers from the U.S. a chance to score some hardware. “Dude, an event for us!! Cool! I’m so stoked!” Congratulations, guys.

The great thing about snow is that it looks great in black and white. Here are a couple more pictures from the neighborhood:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home