Friday, January 20, 2006

Hello, it's me again

I know, it’s been a while. The post-holiday season just isn’t that exciting, and this year was no different. Christmas was nice, had it at our house this year. We went to New York over New Year’s, drove back, then went back to work. It was Ally’s first significant car trip since Myrtle Beach last August. She has always done well on long drives, considering we don’t have a glowing, mind-numbing idiot box in the car. And we never will. The world outside is a lot more interesting than any Dora the Explorer DVD.

On Wednesday, my wife mailed off the formal application to our adoption agency informing them, in no uncertain terms, that we would like another child from China. Please. And here’s $300 to get the ball rolling. In two weeks, we take the required International Adoption training class, offered in Fairfax this time, not Charlottesville, so we don’t have to stay anywhere strange overnight. Although, some of the best wineries in Virginia are in the C’ville area. Like I’ve said, I don’t know what they’re going to tell us that we don’t already know. Hopefully the home study will get started soon so that we can complete our dossier by April, the same month we sent it in last time. If the wait for referrals holds at around nine months, like it is now, that would put us in China sometime in February of next year.

I am a runner. Again. And to prove it, I bought a new pair of shoes, New Balance 766’s. I’ve worn this series before (I still have a pair of 764’s) and they are perfect to train in. Should I decide to do a marathon in the fall (still up in the air about that), I would need a new pair by then anyway, in which case I’d switch to a lightweight trainer like the NB 833’s, another series I’ve had experience with. Right now, I’m just trying to get some consistency, say three times a week, trying to get a little weight off and build up some endurance. There’s a 10K in my neighborhood in May which might be a good target to aim for.

So that’s about it. I’ll try to get back into a more regular posting schedule, which of course is predicted on the fact that I have something to say. Take care.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home