Monday, August 20, 2007

Montana Families Picnic

Adoptive familes swap stories at picnic
Joslin Fields' adopted daughter was wrapped in six layers of winter clothes when Chinese adoption officials handed her over in 2003.

“There was only 19 pounds beneath the 25 pound package we were handed,” Fields recalled Sunday. “It was weird, because 2 1/2 years of anticipation led up to this big event.”

Four years later, Fields, 44, and her husband strongly support international adoption and offer their daughter, Cecily Cary, 5, as proof of how well it can turn out.

“They say you're given the child you're meant to have,” Fields said. “She couldn't be more mine.”

1 Comments:

Blogger Andy said...

I like this story. I have neighbors and friends adopted children from China too.

After reading your article, I wanted to tell you this is one of the best Blog I read recently--very informative about China. Can I feature your article on my website? You will also be eligible to win the monthly prize and add more writing credentials to your writing career. My web site address is:

http://www.andyzhang.info

If you want your article to be featured, simply go to Contact page and submit your information and URL to this article. Please read terms and conditions on the home page prior your submission. Thank you for your consideration.

4:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home