Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Texas Family Returns to China

Happy homecoming
Ivy Jo Avants says that when she and her new friends stepped off a plane recently for their first return to China, they joked with each other that they now know what it's like to be a movie star.

The 10-year-old was born in China and adopted at 81/2 months in 1996 by San Angelo couple JoAnn and Pete Avants. At the Beijing airport, Ivy Jo, her adoptive mother and several other families with children adopted from China were greeted with a banner and bouquets of flowers...


Ivy says she feels as if she had a connection to the village and understands the country and her roots.

''Now, I'm not always, 'Hey mom, why am I, like, different?' and that stuff,'' Ivy Jo said. ''I've changed by knowing where I'm from now. I know it a lot better.''

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home