Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Child eats brussel sprouts! (In other news, pigs fly)

Ewwww. Don’t they look gross? Who would ever eat brussel sprouts?

Ally would.

Last night I made a couple of nice steaks served with a merlot sauce (Beringer Founders’ Merlot 2002; overpriced at $8, so don’t waste your money) and rosemary potatoes. I thought some brussel sprouts would make a good side dish, so I bought some. My wife wasn’t too excited but said she’d try one. So I boiled them in salted water for about 8 minutes, tossed them with butter and fresh black pepper and…they were a hit. Lauren wanted more.

Then I decided to press my luck with Ally. I’m always surprised by what foods she likes, like lettuce. She can’t get enough. Mushrooms, peas, carrots, green beans: all good. Dislikes are few, onions and peppers being the most notable. So I gave her a small piece of a sprout and she ate it. Feeling audacious, I gave her more. She gobbled them up. I guess we can add another vegetable to the list of “likes”.

1 Comments:

Blogger M3 said...

Wow, if you ever figure out the secret to how you got her to eat them please let me know. I'll try it out on Rod (husband). He acts like he might die if he eats them.

11:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home