Thursday, October 06, 2005

Ready for fall

We had a successful trip to the pumpkin patch last weekend. After a romp on the hay pile, a ride on the cow train, a swim in the corn box (think of a sand box, but with corn), Ally found two appropriately sized pumpkins. These will stay inside, so we'll have to look for smashable gourds for the porch later. After picking our pumpkins, we ran the gauntlet of barnyard offal to go pay for them. Then back home for some pumpkin bisque.

Ran the Army 11.4 Miler on Sunday. What? There is no Army 11.4 Miler you say? I beg to differ. You see, last Sunday was the first ever 11.4 mile race. This was due to the fact that one of the bridges crossing the Potomac (the 14th Street, our inbound bridge, as it turned out) was seen to have something "suspicious" resting underneath. Too suspicious, it turned out, so we were re-routed back across the Memorial Bridge and ended up running an extra 1.4 miles. There was no time to move the pads that read our timing chips, so there were no times given for the race. No awards either. I think I ran five minute miles the whole way. Yeah, that's it...

My anti-perspirant has a message for me. I went to open the top of a fresh stick of Degree and got the equivalent of a fortune cookie. Can you read it? It says "LIVE LIFE". Gee, thanks for the reminder. I was going to go out and have a perfectly average day. But then my deodorant told me to "LIVE LIFE". Why thank you, I'll go and do just that. I'm tempted to go back to Target to see if the other sticks say the same thing. Maybe there are different sayings and I'm supposed to collect the whole set. I wonder what marketing genius dreamed this up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home