Saturday, August 13, 2005

Toddlers Without Borders

We made the big move tonight. This afternoon, I took the side panel off of Ally's crib, which is now officially a toddler bed. We tried to keep things as routine as possible. I put her to bed, read to her, turned on the Michael Card CD, kissed her goodnight and prayed that she wouldn't fall out of bed at 2:18 in the morning. Lauren is worried that she'll get up and wander around, but I think she'll sleep through the night. Until she falls, that is. And screams bloody murder.

I probably shouldn't worry. She did fine on the small inflatable mattress we took on vacation, which she remained contained in for the most part. Afternoon naps, when she's not quite so sleepy, should be an adventure.

Enjoyed some Barboursville Pinot Grigio (2004) with chinese food tonight. Lauren had this when we stopped there on the way back from Myrtle. It's not my favorite white varietal, but I liked this one. Very dry, but not as dry as a Sauvignon Blanc (which I usually prefer) that paired fairly well with the spicy orange chicken. It's One of their more inexpensive wines, so it's a good value. Grade: B+

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home