Friday, February 02, 2007

Weird

Well, this goes to show I should read the blogs on my blog roll more often, but, alas I’ve been busy of late and have fallen behind. It seems I have been “tagged” by Monica over at Dumplings, Three to list six weird things about myself. Really? Just six, huh?

OK, here goes:

1) I can wiggle one ear at a time. I’m not sure how uncommon this is, but I don’t think I’ve ever met anyone else who could do it. When I wiggle my right ear, my right eyebrow goes up as well. Not so with the left.

2) I majored in Physics. Enough said.

3) I don’t use an alarm clock and still manage to wake up around 5 AM every morning, no matter what time I went to bed. On days I don’t have to go to work, I have to force myself to go back to sleep. Sometimes it doesn’t happen.

4) Since college, I have done my own laundry and ironing and that has continued to this day. My wife has never ironed a single article of my clothing in the eleven years we’ve been married. And I wouldn’t have it any other way.

5) I can sometimes make myself sneeze by looking at a bright light. From what I’ve read, about 25% of people can do this.

6) As a young teenager, I had an extensive collection of Barry Manilow records. To this day, I have no idea why I was drawn to his music. I later gravitated to Springsteen, The Eagles and Neil Young when I got to high school.

So there’s the list. I think Monica tagged enough people, so I’ll leave it at that.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So glad you weighed in with the rest of us on the weirdness scale!

I can totally relate with #4...in our household, my husband also does all of his own ironing and the majority of everyone's laundry. (That almost ended a few years ago when I stupidly tried to correct his method of SORTING the laundry...he has two categories only (whites and everything else)...that still horrifies me a bit, but NOT ENOUGH to ruin a good thing (letting him do LOTS of the laundry)! (I learned very quickly not to try any corrective teaching regarding reds having their own pile and lights and darks each in separate pile and whites alone and towels in their own pile....one gentle attempt on my part to reform him backfired into a strike on his part! I learned. And he got to remain happily unreformed!)

As to IRONING...he does ALL the family's ironing because he is better at it and doesn't hate doing it...besides, not much NEEDS ironing except his shirts...I don't buy it if it is going to require ironing!

The wiggling ear thing sounds entertaining! The 5:00am thing sounds dreadful...you have my sympathy!

~Monica

PS (Your daughter is very creative in her play! My youngest would TOTALLY approve!)

1:13 AM  
Blogger Those who serve the little dictatrice. said...

I don't know about the other 5 points ... but #4 shouldn't be listed as weird, but rather as "heavenly"! Wish I could convince my husband to do the same. :)

3:37 PM  
Blogger Truly Blessed said...

Heh, about the sneezing thing. when my then 3 y/o son stuck a flouride pill up his nose, I pointed his little head toward the sun and, ta da! He sneezed it out! Yay! What a great talent to have!

11:03 PM  
Blogger Vivian said...

I was tagged by Monica for the same thing, and #1 on my list, I can wiggle my ears too, tho not one at a time.

I spent two years in JiangXi province in my childhood. horrible days ....

2:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home