Monday, October 23, 2006

Alabama Adoption Story

[You folks from Alabama are terrific. I think I see more adoption stories per capita from there than any other state.]

Adoptive family finds new Hope
In China, she was Wu Feng Mai, a baby without a home, named for the county where she was born.

Today, she is Hope, a 20-month-old cherished by a couple in Montgomery, named for what she represents.

Hope now is the daughter of Kerry and Desirée Christopher, and an American citizen just like the rest of her new family.

"I'll be honest, at the beginning, I wasn't completely on board," said Christopher of his wife's suggestion that they adopt a child from another country. "She did just about everything she could to get me interested in the idea. It wasn't until I really started to think about it and pray about it that it just felt like the first thing to do."

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting this article. This family is in our Panda Pal group here in Montgomery. They are a wonderful family. Hope is such a sweet child. We are so excited to have her join our great group.

8:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home