Thursday, July 06, 2006

Delicate Surgery

Docs Race to Save Conjoined Twins in China
SHANGHAI, China -- Doctors were racing to save the lives of 10-month-old conjoined twin girls on Thursday in a complex separation surgery expected to take up to 24 hours, hospital officials said.

The girls, Hu Jingxuan and Hu Jingni, were born last August joined at the abdomen. They share a liver, spleen, gall bladder and digestive tract.

Hospital officials confirmed reports that the surgery was under way but would not provide any details. The officials, like many people in China not authorized to speak to media, would not give their names.

1 Comments:

Blogger shochikubailover said...

Ray,
I am in VA also, have a precious gem from China named Amy, am a wino (wine lover), and I used to be a runner, but now I'm a committed walker. I found your blog I think from comments you made on Brian Stuy's blog. I have been following it periodically because I have so much in common with you. I like the way it has evolved. Keep it up!!!!
Janet in Virginia Beach

6:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home