Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Some good being done at UT

As much as it pains me, I need to link to this story in The Daily Texan (University of Texas student newspaper) which talks about their China Care program to help adopted children reconnect with their heritage:
The UT chapter of China Care is part of a national organization that was founded by Harvard student Matt Dalio in 2000. The group helps American families with the financial stress of adopting a child, sponsors the Saturday afternoon playgroup for adopted children and also helps pay for medical care and surgery for orphans who have disabilities or special needs.
Bravo.

Incidentally, UT beat my beloved Aggies last Friday in the annual rivalry game. This is becoming a common occurrence, vastly different from when I was at A&M when we beat Texas 8 out of 9 9 out of 10 times. What goes around, comes around. UT hired a great coach in Mack Brown, who appears vastly superior to A&M's Dennis Franchione, and he's really made a difference. Some Aggies might get mad at me for saying this, but I hope UT wins the national championship, if for no other reason than to make the conference look good, same as when Oklahoma was winning a few years back. So for one game, I say: Hook 'em!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You might want to specify why you were at A&M for 9 UT-A&M games, else people might think you were the 'Bluto' Blutarsky of Texas A&M, "Seven years of college down the drain. Might as well join the...Peace Corps."

Also, I'm glad to see you've finally seen the light and thrown your support behind The University of Texas.

Hook 'em Horns,
Robert

7:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Like Robert before me, I much apprecieat Ray for going out on a limb, and backing the Longhorns in the upcoming Rose Bowl game. I also commend Ray for giving "the devil" (in this case, the University of Texas) due credit when they deserve it.

Backing Texas rioght now is good for the Big XII, and I hope many of my Aggie friends will join us in singing "Texas Fight!" against USC

1:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home