Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Rain, rain go away...

That's been our mantra the past couple of days. Our part of the world ha been getting quite saturated. We lost power for about seven hours Sunday night, Lauren's place of work (which is in the basement of a church) was flooded, the power went out at my office today, the Capital Beltway was closed due to a mudslide...you get the picture. Pretty miserable. Of course this means no playing outside for Ally, who is just as anxious as we are for this storm system to move on.

Yesterday, Ally had a brush with greatness. She had the opportunity to meet Curious George, one of her literary heroes. He made an appearance at the local library for a little face time with his fans. Had I known that they would get Shaquille O'neal to dress up as George, I would have gone myself. I mean look at the size of that monkey. I think someone ordered Curious George and got King Kong instead. Many kids were frightened, naturally.

1 Comments:

Blogger Gwen said...

That picture of your daughter at the window is precious!!! It really paints the picture of the rain misery!

Curious George is gigantic!

9:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home